We want to introduce this project by starting with some information about the history of CEO Feng He. (1) From 2012 till now, Feng He was in charge over the research and development of the first Chinese voice assistant smart 360. The smart 360 had more than 10 million users, becoming the first third-party voice assistant to break through tens of millions of users.
He was in charge over the development of the world’s first artificial intelligence sound box Small Zhi and the development of the Chinas first cloud of the brain system DeepBrain. The sound box small Zhi was launched half a year earlier than the Amazon Echo. He led the DeepBrain Chain team to win the innovation and creativity award in 2017 ZhongGuanCun Second Blockchain Competition. The competition for this award was TheKey (identity verification), Red Pulse (research content platform), Qlink (decentralised mobile network) and PeerAtlas (Blockchain based medical information). (2/3)
DeepBrain Chain is the first and only artificial intelligence platform in the world, driven by blockchain technology. By utilizing DeepBrain Chain’s platform, artificial intelligence enterprises can reduce 70% of hardware cost by buying data and processor power. In addition, potential privacy risk for enterprises when using data can be effectively avoided. This is because the algorithm of the platform is fixed by smart contract and thus cannot be changed.
Their goal is to redefine the artificial intelligence operating system with blockchain technology. “Blockchain + artificial intelligence will change all aspects of our lives”. Leveraging on blockchain technology, they develop a decentralized, low-cost, and private AI computing platform and also provide perfect peripheral products. (3)
There was an increase of 5154 new Artificial Intelligence companies in the period 2012-2016. 20-30% of all AI applications cost is the computation (for example one game of AlphaGo costs $3000). (4) The role of artificial intelligence in our lives increases day by day. With an aggregated marketcap already over 20 billion dollars. According to a study released by Narrative Science, (5) 62% of enterprises will use AI technologies by 2018. (6)
Problems to be solved
– High costs (The core problem is the high cost of hardware input by artificial intelligence factories. Through the unique model of the DeepBrain Chain, 70% of the income of each mining node comes from mining DBC while 30% comes from the GAS cost. Artificial intelligence factories only need to pay for such 30%, i.e. GAS).
– Optimization of neural network computing performance (DeepBrain Chain is currently optimized on CUDA GPU and plans to dock the current mainstream deep learning framework, such as TensorFlow, Caffe, CNTK, and so on).
– Highly concurrent (Users of artificial intelligence factories are massive in number. DeepBrain Chain needs to facilitate high-performance computing while supporting a massive number of users).
– Low latency (All online user requests must be responded in seconds. This requires that each module of DeepBrain Chain is able to respond quickly, taking up as little resources as possible).
– Privacy protection (Participants can freely determine the degree of information developed. They need to ensure this via the encryption algorithm and the separation mechanism).
– Flexible supply (Artificial intelligence factories’ user requests are not temporally homogeneous).
– Automatic operation and maintenance: (When a node container fails, it should be able to alert in a timely manner, remove the faulty node, and add a normal node).
April 2017: Release of the brand new cloud brain platform named “DeepBrain”.
Currently more than 100 manufacturers and 200.000 users have connected to more than 500 models of smart devices (4)
May 2017: DeepBrain skills platform (SaaS platform) has more than 1000 skills. It is the first manufacturer of artificial intelligence skills platform in China. These skills can be sold to users.
June 2017: 32 million CNY of angel investment of Jinsha River Investment, Gobi Investment, and Chance Investment. (3/7)
July 2017: DeepBrain brain platform skills store HTML5 version was released, allowing consumers to freely add skills for AI hardware.
August 2017: Won the first prize in the business community of SMP2017 Chinese man-machine dialogue evaluation of the Harbin Institute of Technology AI evaluation, while more than 30 domestic top artificial intelligence teams participated in the competition.
The DeepBrain Chain token is traded via smart contract based on NEO. The token is called DeepBrain Coin (DBC) and the mining node is encouraged according to the incentive system designed by the smart contract. DeepBrain Chain network nodes can be large mining nodes, such as those of a large mining pool, a medium mining node using Azure and Ali cloud, or a home high-performance computer. The total number of DBC produced by mining will be 5 billion. Every 5 years, the number of DBC obtained from mining will be halved. After the first 5 years, there will be a total of 2.5 billion DBC. Each token corresponds to the computational value of the service provided during its issue, and is a truly valuable asset and digital currency that has already landed. Due to the difficulty of issuing, the value of the flow needed by every new token will increase. The earlier one holds, the more the expected value of the market will be.
DeepBrain Chain realizes the decentralized supply of core computing capability of artificial intelligence, but artificial intelligence, in addition to computing power, also needs algorithms and data. Therefore, DeepBrain Chain will derive in the future AI data trading platform, AI algorithm trading platform, AI model trading platform, AI container trading platform, and AI application trading platform. The AI application trading platform has a certain scale: there are hundreds of AI skills applications on DeepBrain, which can be sold to users. In addition, the DeepBrain Chain ecosystem will help the artificial intelligence manufacturers to issue their own virtual currency globally, and the virtual currency of the manufacturer can be freely exchanged with DBC.
Partners and investors (4)
The companies mentioned on deepbrain.ai are the ones using their AI SaaS Platform at the moment. The team is currently convincing them to migrate to the on chain solution. The well known ones are the following.
– Microsoft, Huawei, Siemens, Samsung, Lenovo
Deepchain has managed to get 6 investors on board, below are four important investors.
– Zhiwei Yang: Capital Partner of Jinsha River Venture Capital Fund, focuses on the internet, telecommunications, and payment. Former China Netcom CTO, during his tenure at AsiaInfo. He helped the company succeed in the Nasdaq IPO.
– Allen Zhu: Managing Director of Jinsha River Venture Capital. Making early investments in the internet, wireless and new media industries.
– Highj Tsien: Partner of Qian Shi Investment. Mainly does investment of artificial intelligence and blockchain early projects.
– Thangjun Hu: Vice president of Gobi Investment, focuses on domestic cloud computing, vehicle networking, voice recognition andother fields.